Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Elementary Curriculum Choices for 2013/2014 School Year

 I already wrote a post about my High School Curriculum Choices(12th grade), and my Middle School Curriculum choices (6th grade), so this post will be about my curriculum choices for my 1,2nd, and 4th grade boys.  I will be writing a separate blog post about my preschool choices for Lily.

Bible-Bible Study Guide For All Ages

History- Notgrass America the Beautiful- Alex (4th grade) is doing the map book, timeline book, and lesson review book.  Christian and Anthony will just be listening in as I read aloud and participating in any family activities that we choose.

Science- Apologia Land Animals- Alex (4th grade) will be working in a notebooking journal while Christian and Anthony will be using the A Journey Through Learning Lapbook.

Spelling-All About Spelling -Level One for Anthony and Christian, Level 3 for Alex.  Anthony and Christian will also be reading from the Level One readers for AAR and Alex (since Level 3 readers are not available yet )will be reading aloud from books we chose off of Sonlight's reading list

Math-Math U See- Alpha, Beta, and Gamma

Writing- Alex will be using IEW SWI A with his older brother Nick
              Christian and Anthony will be using IEW PAL Writing

Art- Home Art Studio- I purchased the 3,4th, and 5th grade DVDs so that all of the children could work on these together.  I have never used these before, but decided to try them out based on a recommendation I received on my Facebook page.

Reading Kingdom- I received an opportunity to review Reading Kingdom again, so all 3 boys are using it.

Plus, whatever review items come our way!

I am excited about our plans for next year!

No comments: