Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Field Trip: Oasis Mini Golf

Yay!  It was a field trip day.  I actually did not tell my children about this field trip at all.  With them being sick last week and kindly passing it on to me, I was not sure we would even be able to go.  But this morning everyone seemed to be feeling well and my sinus headache was mostly gone, so I told the children to grab their shoes and a light jacket and I would tell them where we were gong when we got there.

We had to drop Chelsea off on the way.  Her interview for the Advanced 4 H Journals is Saturday, so she needed to go to the 4 H office and practice the interview questions so she would be well prepared for Saturday.

We live in a VERY small town, but some time ago just outside of town, we noticed this little mini golf place.  But, we never saw it open.  Well, it seems as if it is only open in the evenings but they will open during the day for special groups.  A lady in our homeschool group called and set up a field trip for us and they gave a discount for groups of 15 or more.

My boys have been mini golfing before, but my little girls haven't.  They all had a great time!  We had some of the big kids start at the end of the course and work backwards and had the little kids start at number one and move forward.  The course was 18 holes and with the group discount it only cost $5 each.  It was a little cool in the shade but the sun was shining and it was a beautiful day!








Emmie decided it was much easier to just put her ball next to the hole instead of where she was supposed to.










I thought this waterfall was really pretty!



They had an indoor batting cage too.  Alex wanted to try it out.


He had never batted in a batting cage before and got hit by the ball twice.  He ended up with a pretty good bruise on the leg.

We had a great time at Oasis mini golf today!  Lily wants to build a golf course in the backyard.  Probably not, but I am going to plan a 4 H outing there this summer for our club.

No comments: