Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Favorite Recipes: Oven Fried Chicken

I found this recipe over the summer when we were going to the lake for the day.  Art and I were discussing whether to take sandwiches or bring something to cook on the grill.  He said he wanted cold fried chicken.  I didn't want to spend all night frying chicken so I searched for an oven fried chicken recipe and found this one.  It was delicious!  Great recipe for eating hot or refrigerating and taking on a picnic or camping.  I used dru sticks, but you could use any kind of chicken adjusting the cook time if it is boneless.

2 beaten eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
chicken
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Combine bread crumbs and flour.  Dip chicken in egg then bread crumb mixture coating completely.  Place in a 13x9 baking dish with 1/2 cup vegetable oil in the bottom.  Bake at 400 degrees for 30 min, turn chicken over and bake another 30 minutes.  Place chicken on paper towels to drain excess oil.  Enjoy!

Tip- Do not use disposable aluminum pans.  The chicken will not be crunchy and will be soggy instead.  I discovered this trying to save myself the trouble of cleaning up the pans after.

No comments: