Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 29 Gratitude Challenge 2011



Today's school day some how started with a conversation about what I did, did not have when I was a kid.  One of the boys wanted to know if there were telephones when I was little.  I explained that yes there were but they were attached to the wall and had a rotary dial (I showed them Emelia's play phone so they would know what that was.)  The conversation went on to cover whether or not I had other things too.  It made me think about how thankful I am for the technology we have today.  Information is literally at the tips of my fingers when ever I need it.  When the children ask me a question I do not know like what a peanut plant looks like or what kind of spider is more venomous a black widow or brown recluse.  When studying birds we can hop on the web and watch different kind of birds hatching and map their migration route.  If we forget where to find information on the Bible, we google it.  I can access audiobooks and download them in moments for my son to listen to (the one he downloaded today made him so happy!)  Technology is truly an amazing thing.

No comments: