Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

In Loving Memory.....


Of my brother Steven May 16th 1976- Feb 15th 2004 whose life ended tragically when a drunk driver used an off ramp as an on ramp and hit him head on. He was killed instantly. This is a picture of the last time I ever saw him when he drove 20 hours to my house for Thanksgiving dinner and to meet his new nephew. 8 years have gone by since he died. Sometimes it seems like just yesterday and other times like a lifetime ago. I miss him every single day and have an empty place in my life where he should still be.
Thankfully, I know I will see him again someday and we will all be together again. I know I can stand on the promises that we are given in the Bible. John 3:16 says "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." In Romans 8:28 we are told that, "And we know that in All things God works for the good of those who love him and are called according to his purpose." We can't even begin to understand why things happen the way they do but can take comfort in the knowledge that God knows and promises to use all those things for good.
John 14:2- " In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so , I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you I will come back and take you with me that you also may be where I am."
We can't keep our focus on things of this world but instead focus on things from above.  Focus on the things that are important to God not man.  Don't get caught up in the petty arguments and worries of this world. Tell your friends and family that you love them you never know if you will have the chance again.
Until we meet again......

No comments: