Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Unit Study on the Creation of Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs are mysterious and fascinating creatures and children always are interested in them. Unfortunately, most of the movies, books, coloring books, about dinosaurs all come from an evolutionary perspective.I believe the Bible. I believe that everything contained in the Bible is true from Genesis 1:1 all the way to Revelation 22:21. 2 Timoth 3 :16 (NIV) says All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness. I believe the account of creation as listed in Genesis and that dinosaurs were created with all the other animals on the 6th day (Genesis 1:24-31.) I do not believe that the earth is millions of years old, that dinosaurs came before everything else, or that we were all formed from single celled organisms. I think it actually takes a lot more faith to believe these things than it does to believe in God and the Bible. I know also that there are many Christians who try to make both be true. They try to merge God and the Bible with some scientists theories and many believe that dinosaurs came millions of years before humans. You can't pick and choose which parts of the Bible are true. A great website to answer the most common questions about the book of Genesis is http://www.answersingenesis.org/.

It is very important that your children know the Truth. They need to be prepared with the full armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-18) Even at a young age they can understand a lot and can start to be confused and swayed by "worldly beliefs." I can remember being in middle school in a public school and being very confused by what I was being taught in Science class and what I had learned in Sunday School and trying to make both of those things be true. I don't want my children to experience that same confusion.

I found this Unit Study on http://www.homeschoolshare.com/ on dinosaurs from a creation standpoint. Over the next two weeks we will be working on this study and making a lapbook on dinosaurs. I think this is going to be a lot of fun and that the children will really enjoy it. I will be posting some of the activities as we complete them and their finished lapbooks when we get to the end of the study.

1 comment:

Just an Average American Mom said...

I love homeschool share.

We will be using their lapbook for rabbits and pigs very soon.

We will also be using their literature study for The Sign of the Beaver.

Looking forward to hearing about the dino lapbook:)