Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Favorite Recipes: Chicken Enchilada Casserole

We tried this new recipe last week and I said if we liked the recipe I would post it. We loved it! It definitely is something I would make again. The preparation was very easy especially since I had cooked a whole chicken the day before and split it into two packages and chopped the onion. The original recipe called for green chilies and jalapeno peppers but I left those out not being able to eat anything spicy right now, plus the children don't like really spicy foods. I found the recipe here on www.lifeasmom.com. I have made a few other recipes from her website and they all have turned out delicious.

Here's how I made it:

2 cans cream of chicken soup
8 oz sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped onion (could've cut back a little on these)
1 cup shredded cheese
10 flour tortillas cut into bite sized pieces
2 cups cooked diced chicken

Mix soup. sour cream, milk, onion, and cheese well in a mixing bowl. Stir in chicken and tortillas. Spoon into greased 13x9 pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour.

No comments: