Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Monday Morning Project: Nature Journal


I know it is Tuesday. I am running a little behind. Yesterday we had to take Nick to the eye doctor, he's been having problems and sure enough needed glasses. Then last night I had a home school meeting and didn't make it back to the computer.


Our Monday Morning Project this week was starting a nature notebook. I was reinspired to start working on notebooking again after finding the website http://www.notebookingpages.com/ Even though it is winter there are many things you can add to a nature notebook. The kids have the freedom to put whatever they want in it that has to do with nature. I had a bunch of spiral notebooks from the back to school sale in August when they were .10 a piece (I bought like 30 of them) I gave one to each child. Nick and Alex went outside and drew pictures of some things they saw. Nick drew a deer, rock, flower, stick, and the wind. Alex drew a pricker brush (wouldn't you know) Chelsea gathered some leaves and flowers and taped them into her notebook. Anthony was grumpy yesterday and didn't want to draw. This was a quick and easy project that we will keep working on every week.

No comments: