Our Family

Our Family

Monday, February 18, 2008

Christian


Something about having 5 kids makes people ask you the strangest questions. How do you keep them all staight? How do you manage with 5 kids? How do you go grocery shopping? Then there are even stranger (more like rude) things people say. Haven't you figured out how to prevent that from happening? How can you afford to have that many children? Don't you want time for yourself? Something somebody asked me recently struck me today as I watched Christian playing with his toys. A lady asked me " Doesn't the novelty wear off?" She had three children and said that even though she loved all three of her children, nothing was ever as exciting as watching the first one's accomplishments. The first time they walked, talked, etc... I have to argue against that. The "novelty" doesn't wear off. In fact, I come to appreciate each of my beautiful blessings more and more as time goes on. This time we have with them is precious whether you have 1 child or 20.

Christian is such a sweet little baby. He is trying to walk, he stands up and just hasn't braved that first step yet. He will be running after his siblings soon enough. He talks a lot for a 10 month old. He mimics people's words and tones. I have never heard a baby do that before. He says momma, dadda, doggy, hello, gotcha, yucky, he even tries to say his own name. He has been such a blessing to our family, and his siblings adore him. The novelty most definitely hasn't worn off.(I think Christian will be glad to hear that.)

1 comment:

momtofivekids said...

What a beautiful baby! I have 5 kids too, and I agree with what you said. I have had some rude comments before, not many, but they can hurt, especially when they come from a family member as it was my case. I have a son named Christian, too. Blessings!