Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Homeschool Wrap Up Week 34

This is the last week I am counting in our 2016-2017 school year!  I will post last day of school pics next week and write a general wrap up of our school year.  We will continue doing some school work over the summer and for those who are interested in reading about what we are up to I will write weekly posts talk about what we did during the week.

My husband was out of town this week.  He was only gone three days, but Monday (the first day he was gone) was our 18th wedding anniversary.  I was very sad that we could not be together that day but am so thankful for the 18 years we have had and look forward to many, many more.

the pretty roses and bear he sent me



The children and I went to the greenhouse Monday morning to buy some flowers and some vegetables to plant.  I have never planted flowers in front of my porch before, but have always wanted to.

the playhouse at the greenhouse







Tuesday my brother would have been 41.  I miss him so much, but look forward to the day when we all will be together again.

The girls had gymnastics on Tuesday.  They have one class left next week.


Chelsea came over and babysat for me Tuesday night because I had to take Nick to a meeting.

Friday we had an end of school year picnic and then had to run Chelsea to the doctor.  Later that evening Alex's soccer team had a pizza party.

Sunday the wonderful ladies at my church gave Chelsea a baby shower.  Only a few weeks to go!



Week 34 in our Homeschool

Bible: We finished reading the gospel of Mark this week.

P.E.: We rode bikes one day this week.  I think planting the garden should count for a couple of days of P.E. too :)

Poetry: We finished memorizing Some One by Walter de La Mare.

Read Aloud: We finished Heroes of History Orville Wright and Captain Absolutely. We started The Adventures of Rush Revere (upcoming review.) In the evening we are reading The Crown of Kuros.

History/Latin: We completed lesson 3 of Latin Christiana.

Science: Gardening and caring for chickens and rabbits counts as hands on science this week.

Language Arts: Christian and Anthony did 4 lessons in Readers in Residence.  They finished their cursive handwriting books.  They also are working on the reading section of k5 completing one lesson a day.  The girls are working on it as well but they do more then one lesson per day. Alex completed week 2 of Lightning Literature 8.

Spelling: Christian and Anthony completed Step 9 of All About Spelling Level 4.

Math: Alex completed a quiz and three lessons in UnLock Pre-Algebra.  The 4 younger children did at least 4 lessons in K5 and 4 lessons in MLFLE. 
She was supposed to be going to bed

MFW K: She finished B for Butterfly.

And learned to ride without training wheels

I hope you had a great week!

Happy Homeschooling!


No comments: