Our Family

Our Family

Monday, October 7, 2013

Homeschool Wrap Up Week 8

I was hoping to get this posted over the week-end, but did not get a chance to.  I can't believe we are 8 weeks into the school year!

We had a very productive week!  We managed to do a full schedule the entire week!  We are moving along so quickly through IEW SWI A, that we have slowed it down a bit.  We finished up lesson 7 last week, and instead of going on to Lesson 8 this week, I decided we would do one of the optional paragraphs this week and maybe another one next week because if we keep up this pace we will be finished with the course by Christmas!  I have been very impressed with the course and how well both of the boys (9 and 11) are doing!

We received Apologia's newest elementary science book Exploring Creation Through Chemistry and Physics along with a regular and junior notebooking journal to review.  This is going to be a very fun course!  I had an opportunity to start reading last week and gathered a few supplies on Friday that we will need for some of the experiments.  There are a ton of "Try This" experiments in the book which is usually our favorite part!  I can't wait to dive int some experiments this week!

We finished George Washington: True Patriot.  I think that my funniest homeschool moment of the week was when I was getting ready to read aloud and Christian (6) said, "Well let's see what old George is up to today!"  We all learned a lot about George Washington that we didn't know.  Our next read aloud is Sign of the Beaver.

A new month in Art Class means we are talking about a new artist.  This month is Henri Matisse so we will be looking at his life and some of his works.

After Art Class on Friday, we got to have a picnic at the park with some homeschool friends.  The children had a great time!  We have missed our Friday park days a lot!

We are very excited to have a field tip coming up this week and next week!  I am glad that our homeschool group is having some activities we can participate in!

I hope you had a great week in your homeschool!

No comments: