Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, February 2, 2013

A New Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

I have decided we need to cut back on the amount of white sugar we are using.  So I thought I would try substituting honey in a few recipes, starting with Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I did NOT tell the children what was in the cookies, just that it was a different recipe.  A couple of my children are picky eaters and I wanted them to try the cookies and if they knew there was honey and wheat flour in them they wouldn't.  I was VERY pleased with the way the cookies turned out!  They were very soft and had a sweet yummy flavor.  The children LOVED them and said they were the best I've ever made (shhhhhhh, don't tell them what I put in them!)

1/2 cup butter softened
1/2 cup honey
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup white flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips


Cream butter and honey.  Add egg and vanilla and mix together.  Combine dry ingredients and stir into wet ingredients.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Drop teaspoons onto cookie sheet or baking stone ( I used a baking stone.)  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes then transfer to cookie cooling rack.  One batch made about 2 dozen cookies.

6 comments:

Rose Casell said...

I'll have to try this because I'm trying to cut back too in our baked goods, but struggling to find a recipe that has a texture I like without sugar.

Enjoying the Chaos said...

Sounds interesting we don't have cookies much but I may have to give this one a try!

Unknown said...

Those sound really yummy!

Laura O in AK said...

I love hearing about ways to make something a little healthier. Thanks for sharing the recipe and that it worked well.

Mom of My 3 Kids said...

I grew up with chocolate chip cookies with honey!

Unknown said...

Love the idea of using honey. I will have to try these with the boys