Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Vessel Project

I have always loved to read.  I do not have a lot of extra money to be able to buy books for myself, especially after buying school books and other books for the children.  Knowing how much I love to read, my husband bought me a Nook last year for Mother's Day, and then got me a Nook Color (which I love!) this year for Christmas.  One of the things I was worried about was that I was not going to be able to have any money to put books on my Nook.  We have a library card to a library that offers ebooks and audio books, so I started out doing a lot of borrowing of books.  Then, two of the companies I review for started offering ebooks.  I have found websites like the Gutenberg Project that has thousands of classic ebooks that are all part of the public domain.

Barnes and Noble does offer several free ebooks on their site, but it can be difficult to search through all of their titles, and since they have all different "types" of free books, it is not exactly family friendly either.  Yesterday a read a suggestion in a forum about a site that lists free Christian books for Nook and for Kindle called The Vessel Project.  I had never heard of it before so I decided to check it out. The Vessel Project is a website for those who love Christian books, ebooks, and audiobooks.  They have a section that lists free Christian books for Nook and Kindle (click here.)  When you find a book you are interested in, the link takes you to Barnes and Noble or Amazon so you can download the book straight to your Nook or Kindle.  Usually when a book is free on Kindle it will be free on Nook too.  Books are free for only a certain period of time, so you should always check that it says $0 before you download.  I downloaded 3 books last night and "liked" The Vessel Project on Facebook.  This morning there were several new free books listed for Kindle, but when I searched them in the Barnes and Noble shop on my Nook, they were free for Nook too. 

If you are looking for free Christian ebooks, check out The Vessel Project.

1 comment:

keiki hendrix said...

Thank you so much for mentioning The Vessel Project. I am so glad you enjoy the site.