Our Family

Our Family

Monday, January 23, 2012

Digital Edition of The Old Schoolhouse Magazine on Nook Color

I have to admit that I was not thrilled when The Old Schoolhouse Magazine switched from a quarterly print magazine to a monthly digital.  I am not a real big fan of change (even though I know all change is not bad) and I really liked it just the way it was (keep in mind I also didn't like the idea of an ereader when they first came out either and I love mine!)  I do believe though, that the magazine rack is going to be a thing of the past sooner than later.  I decided that I would give the new magazine a chance.

I got a Nook Color for Christmas and besides reading a couple of books, loading some apps and children's books, I hadn't taken much time to see what else I could do with it.  This weekend I decided I would try and figure out how to read TOS Magazine on my Nook Color.  I had tried to go directly to the magazine using the internet and it did not work well.  Even though I could zoom in, it was too blurry for me to be able to read.  On a recommendation I bought the ezPDF Reader Pro App ($2.99) on my Nook Color.  Then I downloaded the January edition of the magazine to my PC and side loaded  it to the Nook Color using the USB cord.  The magazine then showed up on my shelf in my ezPDF Reader App and I could open it.  I could easily zoom in and out without it being blurry. I could move ahead or back several pages easily.  The colors and advertisements looked great on the Nook Color.  It was easy to read and I was very impressed with the digital edition.  I read through the whole thing in a weekend. 

Yes, I am a little sad that I will no longer be able to read TOS Magazine in the bathtub.  But, there are definite advantages to reading in on the Nook Color.  The Nook saves my page.  Children can't wrinkle the pages or spill something all over it.  I also don't have to find a place to store it when I am finished reading it.  It just stays safe and sound in the memory of my Nook.

You may also be pleased to know that TOS has just released a  new free App for Android Phones and for Apple Devices.   What are you waiting for?  Download your app and check out the digital version of The Old Schoolhouse Magazine today!

No comments: