Our Family

Our Family

Monday, January 31, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

Making a Menu Plan can definitely save you time in the kitchen and money. How do you begin? First, I "shop" my kitchen cupboards, refrigerator, and freezer to see what ingredients I have on hand to get an idea of what I might only need to add one ot two things to to create a meal. Next, I check out our local grocery store ad to see what might be on sale. Then I check my coupons to see if I have any that can be paired with a sale for an even bigger discount. I then create my Menu Plan based off of those things. You can make a weekly, biweekly, or monthly plan depending on what works best for your family. Here is our Menu Plan for this week:

Friday 1/28-pizza (this week it was topped with ham and pineapple yum!)
Saturday 1/29- porkchops in mushrrom sauce, sauteed mushrooms, noodles, applesauce
Sunday 1/30-chicken patties, cottage cheese, peaches
Monday 1/31-broccoli cheese soup, biscuits
Tuesday 2/1-beef stew
Wednesday 2/2-spaghetti and meatballs
Thursday 2/3-chicken enchilada casserole

Go to www.orgjunkie.com to see what others are cooking up this week.

1 comment:

Tara V said...

looks great, thanks for sharing.