Our Family

Our Family

Friday, January 21, 2011

One of My Greatest Joys In Homeschooling

When I first started homeschooling, I was doing it because I thought it would be the best thing for my children. I thought about all of the changes I was going to have to make and the sacrifices that would go along with it. I never at that time thought about how much I would enjoy it. It is a lot of work and does take a few sacrifices but I really do love it.

One of my greatest joys in homeschooling my children is the opportunity to watch them learn. I love being able to work alongside with them and see the joy and delight on their faces when they are doing something they love to do. I love working with them and seeing the joy on their face when they are doing something they don't like or have a hard time understanding and it finally "clicks" (long division with remainders for instance.) I love when we are working on a topic and they start asking questions that leads us down a different "rabbit trail." I love seeing their creativity as they create their own paper crafts or come up with a new recipe to try. Children are truly amazing little creatures and they are just like little sponges soaking up everything in the world around them. I am so thankful every day that I get to be a part of all of those things.

4 comments:

Just an Average American Mom said...

AMEN!!!

I agree. I can't imagine missing out on that stuff.

It makes the worst days bearable :)

HollyC said...

I couldn't have said it better myself!! It's truly a blessing to be able to spend these years with my children. They grow up so fast!
Thanks for sharing.
~Holly

Kelly said...

My favorite part too! Thanks for stopping by!!

Tzivia said...

This is our first year formally hs'ing dd (5, almost 6), and this is EXACTLY what I keep saying.

Dropping by from MPM to support another hs'ing mama!