Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Favorite Recipes: Crockpot Chili

I love to make soup because it is one of those meals you can usually add just about anything to and not mess it up. Chili is a great and filling meal (also pretty inexpensive)that we like to have a lot during cooler weather. It also is pretty easy to make especially if you throw it in the crock pot and let it cook itself. Here is the easy and not too spicy Chili recipe that I use.

2 lbs ground beef, turkey, or deer meat browned(I use half deer meet and half ground beef)
1 diced onion sauted
4 cans of beans drained and rinsed(any kind you like I use pinto and light and dark kidney beans)
2 cans of stewed tomatoes undrained
1 large can vegetable juice
1 packet of chili seasoning (I only use half)
1 bag shredded cheddar cheese

Add all ingredients to your crock pot except the cheese. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4. Put into serving bowls and top with cheddar cheese.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds so good on a cold winter day! I might have to make some chili this week!

Anonymous said...

Give my recipe a try and let me know what you think. http://crockpotchili.blogspot.com/