Our Family

Our Family

Monday, January 24, 2011

Menu Plan Monday




Why even make a menu plan? I make a menu plan for two reasons: to save money, and to eliminate that feeling of," oh no it's almost 5 and I have no idea what's for dinner!" It really does save you money, both when you are grocery shopping (if you make a list and stick to it) and when your panic of not knowing what's for dinner leads you straight to the nearest take-out joint. Before I made a menu plan I pretty much just wandered up and down all the aisles at the grocery store and picked up random items that I thought would make good meals and never even paid attention to how much money I was spending. Also by the end of the week I was running out of things to make and had to return to the store for more stuff to fill in the gaps I had after standing in front of the refrigerator and trying to figure out what to cook. Sitting down and making a menu plan makes my life much easier!

Here's this weeks menu (I already had to change around a couple of things)

Friday 1/21-pizza
Saturday 1/22-steak, bakes potatoes, cauliflower (we didn't eat last week due to a not hungry husband and a 4-H meeting we had waffles instead)
Sunday 1/23- ham steaks, cheddar cheese mashed potatoes, stir fry vegetables
Monday 1/24-burgers, tator tots, peaches
Tuesday 1/25- grilled cheese and soup
Wednesday1/26-cheesy chicken broccoli and rice casserole, biscuits
Thursday 1/27- goulash, bread

To see some other great menus go to http://www.orgjunkie.com/

2 comments:

Marcia said...

What a beautiful family you have. I found your blog on MPM. I agree that using a menu helps keep me focused when I grocery shop. Please visit me and leave a comment, as well!

The designer and organizer said...

I really like your blog and the tip is so helpful i will look forward to check it further..you also visit me and see my blog thanks