Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Our Week in Review (Aug 24-29)

This was our last week before we start easing back into our homeschool year.  I had planned on getting so much done last week-end and it didn't happen.  I woke up sick last Saturday morning (the day after we got back from vacation) and was in bed all week-end.  I still don't feel 100% but am much better than I was!

My mom and dad came for a visit this week from Florida. They arrived on Monday afternoon and left on Friday morning.  It was so nice to be able to spend some time with them!  Thursday was my dad's birthday and it was also Emmie and Lily's dentist appointment to get their cavities filled so we headed to Texarkana for the day.  The children really wanted to take Papa bowling for his birthday so after the dentist we grabbed some lunch and went over to the bowling alley and bowled two games. Then we went to the movies. Later that night we celebrated with ice cream cake and the children gave Papa new slippers (they always think he needs new slippers) and a hummingbird feeder.








This week we had two days of soccer (Monday and Thursday).  They decided that before the players were drafted (every child who signs up is drafted) the coaches should get to see the kids play first so they had a "soccer clinic" where the kids played on the field for a little while and then the coaches went and did the draft.  We (mostly Art I just organize things and coach if I he can't be there) had coached 6 and under soccer for 6 years but when Christian moved up to the next league we thought we would be done. But when we got to the soccer clinic for the 7-9 year olds they only had 2 coaches and 42 kids. They got one other volunteer and Art volunteered to coach again.  The clinic for the 10 and up league was Thursday so I dropped Nick and Alex off to their daddy when we got back from TX and he took them.  Practices start on Monday.

Emmie and I finished the kitty she has been making.  I had bought a kit from Hobby Lobby that had the loom and all the necessary materials to make 2 stuffed animals.  Lily made the puppy and Emmie made the kitty.

We will be starting school tomorrow.  We are starting with Bible, read aloud, and Math.  We are also working on a review of Middlebury Interactive Language  so we will be working on that every day.  Soccer is starting and our Wednesday after school church program is starting this week too.  Also after being on a waiting list for 6 weeks a speech therapy slot has opened up for Anthony so I will be taking him on Tuesday afternoons right in the middle of our afternoon school work time but I had to take what they had available and will work around it.  I am thankful they had an opening and hope it makes a difference.

Happy Homeschooling!

1 comment:

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

whew! Your activities always leave me whirling! :) I surely wish you well in your coming week, and I'm glad you feel better.