Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Homeschool Wrap Up Week 34

Well we only managed one day this week to sit down and work out of our school books, and even that day I did not get as much done as I wanted to because I was having problems with my laptop connecting to the internet.  But I am still going to share what we accomplished this week because we did have several great experiences that were very educational.  Instead of splitting up school and other activities, I will just talk about what we did each day.

Week 34:

Monday: During the middle of the night last Sunday (May 10th) we had some very strong storms and we were up quite a bit watching the path of the storm on radar to see if we had tornado activity coming our way.  I woke up Monday morning to find out that a tornado did in fact touch down in Nashville Arkansas killing two people and doing quite a bit of damage in town in the neighborhood we used to live in and the surrounding area.

On Monday we completed Day One of Lesson 7 of our study of Moses and we read Chapter 10 in One Great Purpose for our Bible lesson.  In History we completed Lesson 4 of Famous Men of Rome.  We also continued reading in The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder.  Christian and Anthony did Lesson 2 of The Nose Tree (Fix It!) Grammar and Nick and Alex did Lesson 2 of Robin Hood (Fix It! Grammar.)  Anthony worked on his key word outline on Desert Tarantulas for SWI A. Nick is working through the introductory lessons of Dynamic Literacy.  Anthony and Christian started Lesson 20 of All About Reading Level 2.  Alex watched lesson 4 of Drums With Willie.  I got Anthony and Alex started on CTC Math, but then had computer problems and was never able to get the others going on it.

Lily finished up the Letter "B" Butterfly in My Father's World Creation From A to Z.  We did not do any of the hands on projects for this lesson and I kind felt bad bad about that, but we have done projects for butterflies last summer and fall,including this really cute butterfly snack,  and we did get to watch the caterpillars change into butterflies.  We bought the Very Hungry Caterpillar book because we had checked it out of the library so many times I decided we just had to have it!!

Tuesday:  There was no threat of severe weather Tuesday, and everyone was healthy so we decided to load up and drive to Little Rock to go to the zoo.  It was a bit chilly that day, but all of the animals were out and it was a great day to be at the zoo.  We saw everything, rode the train, fed the fish, ate in the cafe, and Lily rode the carousel (big brother Alex was a good sport and rode with her.)  It would have been great if some friends could have come with us, but it was a wonderful day at the zoo!














Wednesday: Wednesday was our last Grandview Co-op for this year.  We learned about alligators and got to hold a baby alligator!  Our art program was on Vincent van Gogh.

After Grandview, we ran a few errands to kill time because after the public schools let out, members of our county 4 H was meeting to do some tornado clean up.  We had to get special permits to go into the affected areas.  They sent us to work over at the City Park.  Our children (and their parents too!) worked so hard for the 2 and a half hours we were over there and they got a lot accomplished.  I was so proud of everyone!  We had a short devotional and by that time my children were starving so we grabbed something to eat and headed home.






Thursday: I had planned on having a regular school day on Thursday and going to archery, but I woke up very early in the morning with a stomach bug!  And Art was out of town.  I did not leave my bedroom the entire day.  I sent Emelia down in the morning to tell the boys I didn't feel well and was staying in bed.  My children did a great job taking care of themselves and me too.  Nick and Alex took care of all of the food.  Anthony and Christian brought me toast and bottled water.  Lily made me a card and Emmie brought me flowers.  The children stayed occupied most of the day.  Things got a little rough around supper time and again right before bed, but we made it through.

Friday: Friday was our wedding anniversary!  I was going to make a cake and we were going to go out to eat when Art got home from the airport, but I was still sick in bed!  I was so blessed to have a friend drop some little snack foods off for the children that they could eat and prepare easily and Art stopped at the store on his way home from the airport.  He made it home late in the afternoon.  We will just move our cake and dinner out to one day next week.


Saturday: A few months ago, Alex started talking about wanting to build a go cart.  His daddy told him to start looking up plans and making a list of supplies and they would start working on one.  That same week a guy that Art works with dropped a go cart off at our house that he didn't want anymore.  It needed some work, but was in very good shape.  Art and Alex did some work on it and ordered some new parts.  Saturday while I was lounging around, they got it up and running.  All of the children (and their daddy) had to chance to ride the go cart.  They were so excited!




I am up and around today and feeling almost back to normal!

I hope you had a great week in your homeschool!


No comments: