Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Favorite Recipes: Egg Free Pumpkin Bread

Have you ever wanted to make pumpkin bread but discovered you were out of eggs?  Or maybe you are allergic to eggs and can't eat them?  I found a recipe the other day for egg free banana bread, and I switched out the banana for pumpkin and it was delicious! This recipe also uses less oil and sugar than others I have seen. Of course in my house I had to make two loaves :)


1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt

3 tablespoons apple sauce
1 cup pureed pumpkin
3/4 cup of sugar
1/4 cup oil

Combine dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until moist.  Or if you are like me, dump dry ingredients into your Kitchen-aid mixer, add wet ingredients and mix.  Whichever works better for you :)  Spoon into greased loaf pan.  Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.  Cool and enjoy!

No comments: