Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Some Rambling Thoughts

After blogging for 5 years, you'd think I would come up with a better title.  But as this is my blog and my really rambling thoughts, it works.  I am the first person who will say that people's thoughts and opinions about you and your life shouldn't matter.  Truly the Lord's opinions is the only one that really matters.  But really what people say/think about me, especially friends/family does matter.  Probably too much sometimes.  It hurts to hear all the criticisms about myself, my life, and my family.

I have made (and continue to make) a lot of mistakes in my life.  And while you can't go back and redo all the things you have done wrong, you can go forward and make changes to do better.  You can change the whole outcome of your life and your future (and also the future of your whole family.)  You can ask forgiveness for those that you've hurt.  You can choose to live the life the Lord has planned for you and trust in Him for everything you need.

Life is not easy and I don't think it's supposed to be.  We have endless choices and decisions the make and have the constant pull of the world on us in everything we do.  My job, my goal, my life's work is to follow the convictions that God has placed on my heart and try to be the best wife and mother I can be.  Whether you agree with me or not really shouldn't matter.  At the end of "the day" I am going to have to be the one to stand before God and give an account for my life just as you will for yours.  If it is not encouraging, uplifting, or helping me along the path of my life, I don't need to hear about it.  It also doesn't need to be said behind my back either.  And I hope and pray that I will always remember to extend that grace to others.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Sounds like tough times going on over there. And I have BTDT, still am actually. Life is hard and living for the Lord is even harder (because a lot of people don't understand that concept). Let me say - I understand where you are coming from and am praying for you as you follow Him. Blessings!

JI Gilbert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.