Our Family

Our Family

Friday, July 22, 2011

Arkansas Tax Free Weekend 2011

I just found out today that Arkansas will be having its first tax free weekend!  You can shop tax free starting at 12:01 am Saturday August 6th until 11:59 pm Sunday August 7th on eligible purchases.  Each eligible clothing item has to be less than $100 and accessories, school supplies, art supplies, and textbooks must be less than $50 for each individual item (your total can be more than $50 or $100 each individual item must be less.)  Disposable diapers are on the list as a clothing item!  To see the list of eligible items for the tax free weekend click here.  My understanding is that this only counts for in store purchases, not online.  I knew there was a good reason to procrastinate in picking up school supplies!  Can you guess what I will be doing one of those two days?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My wife and I didn't home school our children, nor do I persoanlly know anyone that does, but I just wanted you to know that I accidently (while researching tax free states)stumbled upon your site and found it very interesting. You seem like a wonderful family and I enjoyed looking at your photos and reading about your daily activities. Stay grounded and I wish you well. A new friend in Kansas City.

PS, homemade pizza is my favorite, I may pop in for dinner.