Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

First Night In A Big Girl Bed!



Over the last two evenings, Lily (20 months) has been watching us get her big girl bed ready. The whole time she was watching her daddy put it together she kept saying, "That's my bed." Last night it was all set and ready to go and she happily climbed up into her new bed. At bed time when I told her it was time to go night night, she gave her daddy a kiss, grabbed her sippy cup, and went and climbed into her new bed. I tucked her in and sang her rock-a-bye-baby song and in minutes she was asleep. I got up and checked on her 3 times in the night and her daddy covered her up before he went to work this morning. At 7:15 I heard her hop out of her bed and she came running into my room happy as could be. Her first night in her new bed was a success ! (we'll see what happens at nap time)
It makes me sad every time we move one of the children out of the crib and into a bed. It makes them seem so grown up! Lily is a good sleeper though and every night climbed into our bed to go to sleep and then I moved her into the crib. Since we need the crib in a few months anyway for the new baby and Lily wanted to be in a bed, it just made sense to move her now. I am so glad she had such a good night and hopefully nap time will be just as easy.


No comments: