Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Decorating Our Gingerbread House



Every year for the last several years, the children have wanted to make a Gingerbread House. One year we tried to build and decorate one, but we could not get the walls to stay up no matter what we tried to do. So, from then on I bought the kit from Walmart ($9) that has an already assembled house, already made icing, and pre-packaged candy for decoration. The children get to have fun decorating the house without me having a hard time trying to put one together. I do let them eat a few candies and try the icing while we are decorating, but after that they are not allowed to eat any more of it. It is just another pretty Christmas decoration to put on the table.


1 comment:

HollyC said...

We did this last year, but I haven't bought one for this year. I think I'll go to Wal-Mart and get one for our Christmas Eve at home! Your kids look like they had a great time! Thanks for sharing.
~Holly
P.S. I love your family pic in the header!