Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

28 Week Pregnancy Update

So today I had my glucose tolerance test. Thankfully my hubby is on vacation because I knew I would have to be there for awhile (you have to wait an hour after drinking the tasty drink before they can draw your blood) and I didn't want to have to take all the children with me. Drinking the sugar drink usually makes me feel very sick but it was not too bad today, and I only had to be stuck once which is always a good thing. Blood pressure is great, baby's heartbeat is strong and she is measuring perfect for 28 weeks. I even gained 6.5 pound making my total weight gain 16 pounds (I told you I would put on a few extra over the holidays.) They now want to see me every 2 weeks. I asked the doc why so soon and she said she follows the recommended scheduling for pregnant women. I honestly don't remember this starting so soon even when I had Lily. I told her I am not trying to be difficult but it seems a little silly to me to drive up there every two weeks to get my weight, blood pressure, and baby's heart checked when I am in perfect health. She said I could push the next one off for 3 weeks but then need to come every two. I still think that is an awful lot of unnecessary doctor's appointments. I guess I shouldn't complain and just be thankful for the good reports.

No comments: