Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Christian!







Christian turned one today! (well not officially until 9:10 pm) I can't believe it. It seems like only yesterday we found out we were expecting him. Time goes so fast.






It was a bit of a surprise when we found out we were expecting again, but it was a happy one. Joy turned to fear when two weeks later I started bleeding. After a check-up we were told all was well and not to worry. Again we had a scare when two weeks later I fell down some stairs and tore a muscle in my leg. I took awhile to heal, but the baby was fine. I was sick for 5 months, not just in the morning, but all of the time. This was different for me because I had never been sick before, and by baby #5 didn't expect to be. Then I had an ultrasound and was told the baby was very small and only in the 10th percentile. My smallest baby up until then was 8 lbs 6 oz. The doctor said not to worry he could still have a growth spurt. I still worried, but kept praying for my baby to grow and be healthy. I started having frequent contractions at 29 weeks and was put on modified bed rest. I had to avoid anything strenuous: cleaning, grocery shopping, lifting. This helped calm the contractions, but I still started dilating at 33 weeks. The test they give pregnant women for Strep B came out positive and I was told I would have to have IV antibiotics during my labor. Again I was concerned for the baby. I felt like my whole pregnancy had been a struggle. At 39 weeks I was 4 cm dilated and since I live I hr and 20 min from the hospital and have had 2 babies in 2 hrs, my doctor decided it would be a good idea to induce me. At 6:00 on April 1 st she broke my water and at 9:10 Christian Steven slid into the world weighing 7 lbs 14 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. He was not nearly as small as they feared and he was here and healthy. God had protected him through the long 40 week pregnancy and I was so happy to hold him in my arms. What a wonderful, beautiful blessing he has been to our family.






Happy Birthday Christian!

No comments: