Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Homeschool Crew Review: Magic Stix Washable Markers

The Pencil Grip, Inc.

The Pencil Grip, Inc. carries a wide variety of products including pencil grips, Kiwk Stix and Thin Stix paint sticks, fidgets, and many other school and office supplies.  My girls LOVED the Kwik Stix and Thin Stix paint sticks that we have reviewed in the past.  Back in December we had a chance to try out one of their newest products, Magic Stix Washable Markers.  We received the 12 pack then and the girls loved them so much we were glad to have an opportunity to use and review the 24 pack of Magic Stix Washable Markers from The Pencil Grip, Inc.
Magic Stix Washable Markers




Magic Stix are washable markers that are non toxic and odor free. I was very glad that we could detect no odor at all coming from the markers. The colors are bright and beautiful.  They come in a sturdy plastic case that is very helpful in keeping the markers together and makes it easy to take them along with you wherever you go. The 24 pack allows your child to draw and color creatively with a wide variety of color choices and shades to choose from.


 The Magic Stix arrived at my house with perfect timing.  Lily was sick and on the couch.  She was not feeling well enough to get up and play, but she was feeling well enough that she was getting very bored watching television.  When the package van arrived she couldn't wait to see what was in it. She was very excited when I opened the Magic Stix box and got right to work on some beautiful drawings.


Magic Stix advertises that you can leave the cap off for 7 days without the markers drying out.  I was really excited when I saw this because one of my biggest problems with markers is that the girls forget to put the caps all the way back on and the marker dries out.  We decided to do a seven day test on one of the markers to see if it still would color after seven days without the cap.  It worked!  On day seven the marker worked just as well as it did on day 1.


My girls are old enough that I don't have to worry about them coloring on things that they are not supposed to, but they did accidentally get some marker on the table.  It washed off easily with some cleaner and a wet rag. Emmie got some red marker on her hands and after washing for several minutes the marker was completely gone.

Lily made a cover for the Magic Stix box.

And Emmie did a cat.

My 10 year old son Christian even did a few drawings, one of pizza and the other of different kinds of candies.

My children love to do art projects.  I think it is so important that children have quality art supplies that allow them to be creative. An even bigger bonus is when they are long lasting and as mess free as possible. The Pencil Grip, Inc. continues to impress me with their products.  I can't wait to see what they come up with next!


To see what my Crew Mates had to say, stop by the Crew Blog!

No comments: