Our Family

Our Family

Friday, September 1, 2017

August Nature Seekers 4 H Meeting

For our August meeting, we usually make some kind of craft that can be entered in the fair.  I had found quite a bit if colored sand at my house that I had bought for one art project for the children but had not done anything with what was leftover, so I started searching sand art crafts on Pinterest.  I found a cute sand art terrarium that used layered sand colors in a glass container with a fake succulent plant.  I found the succulents and glass container at Dollar Tree.  We already had the sand so we were all set.

I wanted to mention that if you do not have colored sand and do not want to buy any, you can color salt and use that instead.  To color the salt all you have to do is pour it in a container and rub chalk over it until you get the color the way you want it.  I saw this on Pinterest also and had to try it out because I wanted to know if it really worked.  It did really work, was super easy, and only took a few minutes to do. (I had a picture of it but apparently deleted it.)

This was the shortest meeting I have ever done.  It only took about 30 minutes for us to talk about the things that we needed to and make the craft.  We did not run our meeting like we normally do because our president and vice president were not able to be there, but even so it would have only taken a few more minutes. I felt bad it was so short I should've had something else planned to go along with the craft but the children didn't seem to mind.





 Christian used a flower instead of a plant for his.




No comments: