Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Virtual Fridge: Creating a Masterpiece Sample Lesson

I am very excited about our upcoming review product, a 6 month subscription to Creating a Masterpiece!  We will be using this website for our weekly art projects for the next several weeks. Our subscription doesn't start until next week, but I was eager to get started on it, so this week we did the sample lesson for our art lesson.

Creating a Masterpiece teaches using a video lesson.  The sample lesson is a part of their level 2 Simply Serene lesson.  To do this lesson, you need a set of chalk pastels and some black paper.  The lesson is split into three different videos.  It took us almost an hour to complete the lesson.


I was doing the lesson along with the children and did not get a ton of pictures but I did take a few.



We found the lesson very easy to follow along with and so easy to pause the video when you need to.  I was very impressed with the results!  I find it interesting that my children do not like how messy chalks are.  It is not their favorite type of art but I think the pictures are beautiful. 


Here is Emmie's.  She is 5.  The black thing in the middle of the bottom of the paper is apparently some kind of pole.  Not really sure why she added that in.

This is Lily's.  She is 7.

Here is Christian's.  He is 9.  He was not happy with his trees.

This is Anthony's. He is 11.


And this one is mine.



I am making a list of art supplies so I can order what we need to complete several projects.  We are starting with the projects in the beginner level and see where we go from there.

I am linking up here.



Happy Homeschooling!

No comments: