Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Peek Back at 2014

New Year's Eve.  Another year ending and a new one just beginning.  Is it just me or does time go by faster when you have children? Unless of course one of them is having a melt down in a public place, then it goes the slowest ever!

No one has a perfect life.  There is good and bad, sickness, hurt, loss, and heartache.  But, I do try to focus on the positive and remember Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."  In my peek back  I am focusing on a few of my favorite moments from the year, and also my favorite homeschool reviews, recipe, and book reviews of 2014.

In February of 2014, we had on opportunity to take a vacation to Florida to visit my mom and dad and go to Disney World.  During this vacation, Art and I were also able to take a 3 day get away as an early anniversary present to ourselves.




In April we added new members to the family.




April was also the 4 H banquet.  Nick and Alex both won district journal awards and Chelsea won a state journal award and a county scholarship.


In May, Chelsea graduated!  What an accomplishment!  We traveled to Searcy Arkansas for the homeschool graduation.  My parents were able to fly in and attend as well.


Nick was confirmed in May and joined the church.


In July we had an opportunity to spend some time at the lake.




The children caught a record amount of catfish in September at the fishing tournament at Grandview.






Fall was full of activities including county fair, soccer, gymnastics, shop class, Grandview and Art Co-op and 4 H as well.  Plus we had baby rabbits!









We had a great Christmas and finished the room upstairs!




A few if my favorite things:

Favorite recipe of the year was the 1 hour bread recipe.  This has saved me so much time!

Favorite fiction book that I reviewed:  Princess Ever After by Rachel Hauck.

Favorite TOS Review from 2014: Moving Beyond the Page.

Favorite Field Trip: Mid America Science Museum.  We have passes to the museum and had an opportunity to go twice in 2014 once with 4 H and once with some good friends before they shut down for renovations.  Can't wait until they open again!

Favorite new (to us) curriculum: My Father's World Kindergarten

Favorite Grandview Co-op: Fossils 

Favorite Non Fiction review book: Purposeful Design

Favorite Movies: Frozen (of course) Big Hero 6, and Dolphin Tale 2


I can't wait to see what 2015 brings!

No comments: