Our Family

Our Family

Monday, June 11, 2012

Home Again!!

If you read my last blog post, you know that on our last day of vacation we found out that Art's mom was in the hospital in the Intensive Care Unit.  We took care of some things at the house, drove the children to my parents house (except Emelia) and hopped on a plane to go to New York.  The baby was the best traveler ever! (quite honestly she was much better than her mama who does not like it when the plane takes off)  Every time we got in the air (we had to change planes in Atlanta) she fell asleep and stayed asleep until we were back on the ground.   She was completely out of her routine, in a strange place with people that she didn't know, eating out all the time, stuck in the ICU waiting room for hours everyday, in the middle of an awful situation, without her brothers and sisters, and I couldn't have asked for a better baby!  I was quite proud of all of my children while I was gone.  I missed them terribly even though I knew they were well cared for and incredibly spoiled.  They did great and nana and papa's and my older children did an awesome job of taking care of the little ones.

It was a hard week.  The night we got to New York, they didn't expect Art's mom to make it through the night.  She did though and even started doing a little better.  She had been completely unresponsive but by the time we left was showing recognition and shaking her head yes and no.  She is still on a respirator, has several infections in her body, and her organs are shutting down.   They are taking it day to day.   I know how hard it was for Art to leave and have to say good-bye to his mom especially since she still isn't doing very well.  We will be praying for her and for the people that are taking care of her.

Our plane landed at 3.  We went to mom and dad's house, spent a couple of hours there, and headed for home.  We got here about 11:00 last night.  Ironically enough, it was the first night this whole time that Emelia did not sleep well.  I finally got her to settle down after 1:00 am.  I can't remember the last time I got more than 4 or 5 hours of sleep.  Today we are going to try and get some things done and at some point buy some food.  I have a lot of work I need to catch up on.

No comments: