Our Family

Our Family

Monday, March 19, 2012

TOS Review: Action Alert

While the internet can be used as an amazing learning tool, it also is full of danger.  Action Alert was designed so parents can help protect their children from these dangers making your family computer kid safe in just a matter of seconds.

Action Alert offers two types of programs.  There is a version that is completely free to use.  You can find it by clicking here.  There maximum protection version is $29.99 you can find it by clicking here.

The free version includes: web filter to ensure safe searches, website blocking, time use controls, and free tech support.  The maximum protection version includes these plus alerts by text message or email when an event occurs that you should be aware of.  It also has a DVR feature that records every step that is taken while on the internet that you can play back.

I downloaded Action Alert to my daughters Windows 7 Netbook.  Unfortunately, I did not have an opportunity to test out  Action Alert's features.  The program was very easy to download, but as soon as I downloaded the program I noticed that the computer had slowed way down and it was taking forever to do anything on it.  My daughter was attempting to use the internet and the computer completely froze.  We tried to reboot and the compute kept acting like it was trying to reboot but none of the icons on her desktop would load.  After nothing happened for close to an hour, I called Action Alert's support line and explained to him the problem that I was having.  I was told that there was no way that Action Alert would cause that kind of problem and the computer must have other issues.  I explained that we had had the computer over a year and never had any problems with it until I installed Action Alert.  Again, I was told there was no way Action Alert could cause that type of problem.  At the time I was speaking to him on the phone we still had no icons on the desktop and he told me there was nothing he could do to help me.  We decided to leave the computer alone for awhile and hope (and pray) that eventually the icons would load.  Several hours later they did eventually load and I was able to uninstall Action Alert.  As soon as I uninstalled and rebooted the computer, everything was back to normal.  We have not had a single problem with it since I uninstalled Action Alert.

To see what other crew mates had to say click here.

I received  complimentary Maximum Protection from Action Alert for the purpose of writing a fair and honest review.  I received no other compensation.


Photobucket

No comments: