Our Family

Our Family

Monday, August 8, 2011

Sometimes It's Just Better Not to Window Shop

Art, Emelia, and I had a date on Saturday.  We had plans to go buy school and art supplies while they were tax free, pick up a few supplies to finish the family room, and go to lunch and a movie.  On the way to Lowes we drove past a furniture store that was advertising huge markdowns and tax free purchases.  I wanted to go in and look around so I could get an idea of what kind of furniture I wanted for the new room when we had the money saved to buy it.  We went in and I found exactly what I was looking for.  Exactly.  A seven piece leather sectional with a matching rocking recliner in the perfect color with a 5 year guarantee against rips or stains.  We continued to wander through the store to see what else they had, but I knew that was the kind of furniture I wanted for the new room.  Then, when we were getting ready to leave, the salesman said, "If I can get you an awesome deal n this sectional can I earn your business today?"  His awesome deal was half price on the sectional, free recliner, and sales tax free.  Wow!  That is an awesome deal.  So awesome we were very, very, very tempted to whip out a credit card and buy it right then and there.  But, the voice of reason prevailed.  We have been working very hard to pay off our debt, not to earn more.  We need to move forward not backwards.  It was a really awesome deal and we were very tempted, but when I have the cash saved there will be an even better deal.  And, we won't have the debt on our shoulders weighing us down.

The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender. Proverbs 22:7

No comments: