Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Favorite Recipes: Cinnamon Swirl Bread

I needed something quick and easy for breakfast that I could make the night before and the children could grab as they got up in the morning.  They love cinnamon rolls but I did not have time to make those so instead we tried out this recipe for Cinnamon Swirl Bread.

1/3 cup white sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups flour
1 TBSP baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Mix 1/3 cup sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.  Combine all other dry ingredients in a separate bowl.  Combine all wet ingredients in a separate bowl.  Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients stirring until smooth.  Add half the batter to a greased 9 in loaf pan.  Pour half your reserved cinnamon/sugar over top.  Add remaining batter and top with cinnamon sugar topping.  Draw a knife through batter to marble.  Bake in a 350 degree oven 50-60 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool and enjoy!

2 comments:

Lorus! said...

Lisa, This sounds delicious! I think my kids would love it.

Lorus! said...

This sounds delicious! I think my kids will love it.