Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

45 Minutes of Peace and Quiet

I had a dentist appointment yesterday.  Chelsea is OK to babysit Anthony (6), Christian (4), and Lily (2), but I took Nick (9), and Alex (7), and of course Emelia (6 months) with me.  The office is not far from where Art works and he was going to meet me over there and sit with the children while I got my teeth cleaned.  I have to admit that I hate going to the dentist!  I like our dentist and the hygienists that clean your teeth, I just hate going to the dentist.  So, after my teeth were cleaned and the dentist came in (we know him outside the dentist office too) and said, "Aren't you glad you got to enjoy 45 minutes of peace and quiet?"  Huh?  Do people believe that I am that desperate for peace and quiet that I would rather sit in a dentist chair then be at home with my children?  Not a chance!  I can think of thousands of things that I would rather be doing including 7 children crying all at the same time all day long, then be sitting in the dentist chair.  Trust me, staying home isn't that bad.  Though we have our moments from time to time, I wouldn't trade being at home with my children for any amount of money in the world and am so thankful that I can be home with them.  I believe that we only have such a short time with them and it goes by so fast!  I will have plenty of peace and quiet some day when they are grown and I won't know how to fill my days, but I can guarantee that I won't be looking for more peace and quiet in the dentist chair!   

No comments: