Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tornado Season Has Begun!

We were almost to our 4-H meeting today when I heard that there was a tornado warning about 50 miles away. About 30 minutes through the meeting we heard that the storms were heading our way and decided to end the meeting. I thought I would pick up Chelsea and head for home (20 minutes away) and be able to beat the storm. Unfortunately, the tornado sirens started going off, rain was pouring down, and some light hail started. Instead of taking my chances and driving in the storm, I headed around the corner to stay at a friend's house until it passed. The sirens were really scaring the children, but after a few minutes everyone settled down. Luckily the storms were not too bad in this area and we were able to head for home about 30 minutes later. We are supposed to have thunderstorms on and off this evening so it may be a long night.

2 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

I live in Hot Springs and we got lots of wind, rain and hail but thankfully no tornado. It was a bit scary for a few minutes but I expect this is just the first of many spring storms. blessings, marlene

What were up to said...

Give me snow any day.