The other day when I needed a quick and easy supper, I was planning on making hot dogs. Then I discovered I did not have any hot dog buns. Instead of trying to eat hot dogs on bread, I hopped on the internet and looked for a pigs in a blanket recipe from scratch and found this one. These were very good and everyone liked them even my no meat eater who ate the blanket without the pig. They only took around 20 minutes to make including cook time.
2 cups of flour
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup milk
18 mini hot dogs
1. Mix together dry ingredients. add butter in small pieces until mixture is crumbly. Stir in cheese and milk.
2. Sprinkle dough with flour and stir once or twice and turn onto a well floured counter.
3. Roll dough into a large rectangle. Using a pizza cutter divide horizontally into thirds, then vertically into thirds. Split each rectangle into two triangles.
4. Roll hotdogs one at a time in dough triangles. Place pointy side down on greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 12-13 minutes until golden brown.