Three years ago when we bought this house, we talked about the possibility of converting the garage to a family room. The garage is right off the playroom and laundry/bathroom which made it a great spot for a family room. We have a detached shop for the boat, motorcycle, truck and Art's other stuff and I have never parked my van in a garage. Last spring with all of the rain that we got, our playroom flooded and ruined the floor. After paying off some debt and finishing other projects we decided that construction could begin. In December we bought supplies and started deconstructing. One of the challenges to converting the garage is that there was a crack in the concrete that ran the width of the garage. Art had to rent a special tool to cut out the crack so we could refill it with concrete. This weekend it was finally warm enough to start mixing and pouring the concrete. The children were really excited to be "helping" and their daddy gave them each a dust mask and rubber gloves. I put Lily down for her nap and headed out to help. Chelsea and I mixed the concrete while Art dumped, spread, and leveled it out. He also had to pour it into the wheelbarrow for me (those bags were heavy!) The 3 smallest boys lost interest after about 45 minutes and went on to other things. Nick acted as a great foreman handing Art his trowel and telling Chelsea and I how much water to add. It took about 2 1/2 hours to get it all done, but we are one step closer to having a family room. We are hoping if all goes well to get it finished by this summer. I think it is great to have all the children learning so much and helping out their daddy work on this room. It is something we all will remember.