Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Our Week in Review (July 2nd-8th)

Monday morning I had to run Nick to the doctor for his sports physical.  It was pretty quick and painless.  After that he had a meeting with his 4 H team to head to Texarkana to get ready for their state competition at the end of the month.  I got to spend the rest of the day home with the other children and we did a Bible lesson, watched a video from Northwest Treasures (upcoming review) on Dinosaurs and the Bible.  I sat outside and watched the children swim and tried to catch up on some chores that were a little bit behind. 

Tuesday Chelsea and Liam came over for the day.  It was very HOT!  We had to go outside and do animal chores and they came along with us.  The baby was pretty excited about the chickens.  After we finished we headed in to cool down until after lunch then the children came out to swim.  I think we tired out the baby because he took a really long nap.


Even though Wednesday was 4th of July, Art had to work (actually Nick had to work too in the morning mowing a lawn.)  They had to do some work at the plant when the workers were not there so they chose to get it done on the 4th.  He was gone all day, but they gave him Friday for a holiday to make up for it.  We had a nice day at home and did a Bible lesson, watched another video, and Anthony worked on Code for Teens.  We set off fireworks that night for a 4th of July celebration and I made brownie sundaes for dessert,.  I did not take any photos of the fireworks, I just sat back and enjoyed (while praying there would be no injuries! There wasn't)




Thursday Lily had her piano lesson.  Then we went into town to pick out the fabric sh needs for the 4 H quilt workshop next week.

Friday Art was off so he and I had a date.  We went to the Home Improvement Center for lumber to fix up the goat pen for the new goats, the co-op, Walmart, and Subway for lunch.  Some might think thats not such an exciting date, but it's just nice to be out together every once in awhile without the children and it doesn't matter where we go or what we do.

We finished The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place, Book 1, The Mysterious Howling.  We really enjoyed this book.  It is a wonderful read aloud about a governess whose job is to care for three children that were supposedly raised by wolves.  Lots of fun, mystery, and great vocabulary.  (There is a scene or two where adults are intoxicated.)  There are 6 books in this series and we can't wait to start book 2 after Christian gets back home.  We also finished Circle C Stepping Stones Book 5, Andi Dreams of Gold, another outstanding book by Susan K. Marlow. 

Over the week-end we worked on getting the pen divided evenly into 2 big stall (that may eventually be divided into 4 stalls.)  Christian and Alex left Sunday to head to a STEM 4 H camp in Little Rock.  They will be back Wednesday evening.


I am working on plans for curriculum for the upcoming school year.  I have several things decided, but a few things I am not sure of.  I have 2 in high school this year.  I had asked them if there was anything specific they would like to do this year and Alex wanted to learn about 3 D programming.  He showed me a course that he was interested that was on sale, so I bought it and he has started working on it.  I still have to make a decision on his history and some other electives.  Nick will be taking Marketing and Communication at the Public School this year.  I have most of his other courses planned out except for language arts.  For the younger children I still have not for sure decided on history but think I know everything else.  I will be finalizing my decision in the next week or so and will share them when I know for sure.

I hope you had a great week!

Happy Homeschooling!


No comments: