Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Homeschool Wrap Up Week 31

Last Sunday afternoon, Emmie climbed up on the couch next to me while I was working on the computer and told me she had tried to lay down upstairs for a nap but Lily and Christian were playing too loud.  I thought oh no!  Emmie hasn't taken a nap voluntarily for year!  She fell asleep next to me and woke up with a temp of 101.5.  She was under the weather most of the week and finally felt better on Thursday.  I did not feel well Sunday or Monday either.  And...we finally made it to the end of Ember Rising, the third book in the Green Ember series which I thought was going to be the last book ( I am tired of reading about warring rabbits but the children love the books) and it ended on a cliff hanger, it wasn't the last book!  So now we will have to wait for the next one to come out.  And....the one show I like to watch on TV.  The only show I watch on regular TV was When Calls the Heart.  I was completely disappointed with the way they ended season 5.  So disappointed I don't ever want to watch again and wish I had not watched last week or ever really started watching at all. Very depressing.  I just needed to vent that somewhere.  On to the homeschool wrap up.

Week 31 in our Homeschool (for everyone but Emmie who did no work except listening to me read aloud to the others)

Bible:  We are on Vol 2 of the Answers Book for Kids.  We read through 8 lessons.


History:  I started Vol 2 of America's Story because we got finished with Vol 1 so early.  But I would really like to finish it up in the next few weeks because I would like to do a different history next year. Since we finished our read aloud, we are treating out history book as a read aloud.  I am reading at least one chapter every day and on history days we read two.  So we read chapters 7-12 this week going from Reconstruction to the Indian Wars.

Music Appreciation:We completed Chapter 9 in Music Appreciation I on Minuet in F Major, Leopold Mozart, and octave.

Science:  In Apologia Exploring Creation With Human Anatomy we finished reading chapter 4 on the digestive system and did several experiments.  Still loving the science kit :)










Math: Lily, Christian, and Anthony did 4 lessons in Math Lessons for a Living Education.

 
Liam wanted to help Uncle Christian with Math

Language Arts: The boys started reading The Invention of Hugo Cabret.  I have their interactive book study all printed out and ready to go and then realized I didn't have a notebook to put it in (we start running out of supplies at the end of the year.)  They will start filling in the book study next week.  Lily completed a week's worth of Homeschool Navigator.  Her book this week was Mufaro's Beautiful Daughters.



Spelling/Reading:  No AAR for Lily or Emmie this week.  The boys completed Step 15 of AAS Level 5.

Other Activities this Week

Tuesday Lily had gymnastics.  Emmie stayed home.


Wednesday was the last day of Kid's Club for this year.

Thursday ballet was cancelled (again)  Lily had piano.  Then she and I went to a 4 H sewing workshop.  She made a pillowcase and did a great job!



Saturday we went and bought some flowers and vegetables for our garden.  The flowers we got planted, the vegetables will have to wait a few days and I need to get some mulch.



 Baby chicks are doing well.








Liam is walking!  He can walk without the toy too.  All the way across the room.




I hope you had a great week!

Happy Homeschooling!
  

No comments: