Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Homeschool Wrap Up Week 11

Another week completed!  So many people are talking about Christmas and I have not even wrapped my head around the fact that it is November!  The year is going by very quickly!

So here it is November and our temps are starting to cool down a little.  We had to break down and turn the heat on and I have had to tell the children more than once to trade their shorts for pants when they are going outside. Thursday the children were outside for recess and I headed out to join them for a little bit. I try to get out there for a little while every day because mama needs some fresh air and sunshine too.  I was walking down the hill where the children were riding bikes back towards the house when I felt a really sharp stinging on top of my collar bone.  It was a yellow jacket and he stung the daylights out of me!  Nick pulled the stinger out for me.  I had not been stung by anything (besides fire ants)since I was a teenager and reacted to a red wasp sting.  Thankfully I didn't have an allergic reaction but it really hurt.  Friday it was so sore that it hurt all the way up into my neck and I had a terrible headache.  Even today it still hurts.  Who knew all that could come from a little bee sting?

I was poorly prepared for Veterans Day.  I need to do better with that next year. We did talk about what Veterans Day was and why we celebrate it.  I also showed the children pictures of my dad in uniform who served in the army in Viet Nam and also my brother who was in the army as well.  I think they at least got the general idea and some knowledge of the importance of those who serve our country.

This week I wrote my last Schoolhouse Crew Review for the 2014/2015 school year.  I have a few book reviews and a homeschool review I am working on but other than those I will be on a review break.

Lily snuggling with Ana one morning this week


Week 11 in Our Homeschool

P.E.: We did lessons 43-46 in Family Time Fitness.

Bible: We completed Lesson 6 of Grapevine Studies Old Testament One.

Read Aloud: We read chapters 5-8 in God's Secret Agent.

History: Nick and Alex finished lessons 25,26, and 27 in The Mystery of History Vol IV on The Fall of the Alamo and the Texas War of Independence, David Livingstone and the Exploration of Africa, and Karl Marx and the Communist Manifesto.  The boys mapped David Livingstone's expeditions and completed the worksheets for each lesson.  We also made our memory cards and added figures to the timeline.

Science: We finished the chapter 5 on nutrition in Exploring Creation with Anatomy and Physiology.

My Father's World Adventures: We finished reading The Courage of Sarah Noble.  In history we read about Ben Franklin.  There was only one science lesson this week and it was a one page reading about what the earth is made of.

Math: Lesson 10 of Math U See Alpha, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon, and Algebra 1.

Grammar/Lit/Writing/Handwriting: Anthony and Christian and I worked together on a story sequence chart for the story of The Ant and the Grasshopper and rewrote the story.  We completed Lesson 15 of Fix It! Grammar 1 and 2. Nick is still working on War of the Worlds.  Alex I forgot to give him anything for writing or literature.

Anthony and Christian's floor plan activity for AAR Level 3


Reading/Spelling: Alex completed lesson 9 of Phonetic Zoo. Anthony and Christian completed the word list for step 5 in AAS Level 2.  In AAR Level 3 they finished lesson 5. Lily completed lessons 23,24,25,and 26 in AAR Level One.

Horizon's Preschool: Emmie has finished through lesson 52 in Horizon's Preschool.



A friend of mine had just come back from a mission trip to Mexico and brought some candy back for the children.  The enjoyed trying out the Mexican Candy.






Other Activities This Week

Monday the girls had gymnastics.  They have been working on a round off back handspring for awhile.  Lily has been practicing a lot.  Tuesday morning she called me out to the trampoline to show me she could do it.  She was so proud!





Wednesday we had Kid's Club. We had a child get sick and while the usual teacher for 1 and 2nd grade took care of that, I filled in for that class.  Our story was the wall of Jericho coming down and Rehab hiding the spies.  The activity was to make a snack of Rehab's house and the red rope.

Friday I had the children do some drawings in their Nature Journals.


We also had archery.





And our co-op.




So we used our Book It Coupons and picked up some pizza for supper.

Saturday we had nothing special planned.  Daddy was out deer hunting.  The girls asked if we could make playdough.




And I worked on a couple of pillow case dresses to put in the Operation Christmas Child boxes. Emmie tried it on for me.


I hope you had a great week in your homeschool!

1 comment:

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

That floor plan activity looks fun, and so does the Jericho food/craft. Your history program always sounds so very, very interesting!!!

Hope this week is a good one as well. :)