Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Favorite Recipes: Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten free)



My picture may not be as pretty as some, but I made these for a snack last night and they were delicious!

1 cup peanut butter
6 TBSP brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2/3 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips

You can do the mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate bowls and then combine method, but I am usually in a hurry when I am baking and never do that.  Instead I use my favorite kitchen appliance, the Kitchenaid mixer.  I started out with the peanut butter and then added in the brown sugar and the egg.  Next I added in the soda, cinnamon, and oats, saving the chocolate chips for last.  While I was preheating the oven to 350, I put the dough in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.  Then I made small balls of dough and placed them on my Pampered Chef cooking stone (my second favorite item in my kitchen), flattened them slightly with a spoon, and baked the cookies for 10 minutes.  I wish I had remembered to count the cookies, but I did not.  I baked a double batch for my crew and after everyone had 2 last night there were still some leftover for today.  These new cookies were children and daddy approved!

No comments: