Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Favorite Recipes; Baked Oatmeal To Go (Gluten and Dairy Free)



I saw this recipe floating around and decided to try it.  I am always looking for new (and easy) breakfast and snack options.  The great thing about this recipe is that not only is it easy, a batch makes quite a bit, freezes really well, and it is healthy too.  It is also gluten and dairy free.  And it tastes good and even my pickiest eater likes these (I don't think he knows there is oatmeal in there.)

I did play around with the original recipe a bit until it turned out what I thought was the best.

2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups unsweetened applesauce
1 banana
1/2 cup of honey
1 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
5 cups of rolled oats
2 cups of Almond Milk ( you can substitute regular milk)
1 cup raisins, walnuts, chocolate chips, frozen fruit, etc...

In a mixer mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce, banana, and honey.  Add in oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.  Pour in milk and mix well.  Add in chocolate chips, raisins, walnuts, etc... of your choice (I like chocolate chips.)

Place cupcake liners inside a muffin pan and spray with cooking spray. This is important because if you do not they will stick terribly (ask me how I know.)  Bake in a 350 oven for 30 minutes.  Cool and enjoy or place into freezer bags to freeze and enjoy later.  Yields 30-36 muffins.

No comments: