Our Family

Our Family

Friday, January 17, 2014

Art At Home:

Since we have not been having art classes until our teacher gets moved into a new building, I have been trying to do at least one art project a week.  Last Friday we had no electricity so we were not able to get one done, and the two weeks before that we were on Christmas break, so it has been awhile.

Today I picked an easy project for the four youngest children to complete.  My two older boys were late doing their chores so did not participate (I do not yet know what I am going to do for Art for them if classes don't start up again soon.)  We used the Usborne Art Treasury and looked at The Golden Fish by Paul Klee and read a little biography about him.  Then the children created their own artwork based on this page.  They first had to draw a picture on water color paper with pencils. Then they used oil pastels to color it in.  Last they painted over the page with blue watercolors.




Christian

Lily

Anthony

Emelia
This week, Classical Composers Monthly had a freebie for those subscribed to their newsletter (this has expires tonight 1-17-14 at 11:59 pm) for a free set of Fine Arts I prints (usually $14.99.)  Each one is a print of a famous artist along with who painted it, when and where it was painted, what technique was used, and some interesting facts.  I printed them out and laminated them.  Then I chose five and hung them around the house.  Mona Lisa in the school room, Picasso in the upstairs hall, Monet in the family room, Van Gogh in the dining room, and Pieter Brueghel in the hall bathroom.  I plan on changing these out every few weeks.  I think this is a nice, natural way to introduce and familiarize the children with famous art work without adding even more to my schedule :)


Happy Homeschooling!

No comments: