Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

It's Been a Busy Week

I am running a little behind this week, I can't believe it is Wednesday already. It has been kind of a crazy week. Monday was pretty ordinary, but we had to make a small change of plans in our Monday Morning Project. We were going to make corn husks with popcorn, but I discovered at the last minute that we were out of popcorn (we will do that project next Monday.) So instead I printed off an Autumn Coloring page from http://www.crayola.com/, that after coloring you could cut out, staple, and turn into a book. The rest of Monday was spent trying to catch up on housework and I didn't have time to get to the computer. Tuesday, we had to get all of our schoolwork done before 10:30 in the morning so I could feed the children an early lunch and head off to my doctor's appointment. Luckily, Art worked extra hours every day last week so he could take a half day and I didn't have to take all of the children with me. So Chelsea and I drove the 1 and 20 minutes it takes to get to Texarkana TX. My appointment was for 1:00 and I am happy to report we were walking out of the office by 1:10 pm. It was just a regular OB check-up; weight, blood pressure, and baby heart beat. The baby's heartbeat was 151 (about the same as all of the other boys) and all was well, but I was told that I need to start gaining some weight. Ironic isn't it? I spend half of my life trying to keep it off, but now when I am supposed to gain, I haven't been able to. Oh well, I am sure I will make up for it next month now that the nausea is easing up some. After the doctor we went grocery shopping (more about that in my next post), got home just in time to put the cold stuff away, eat a quick supper, and dash out the door for soccer. While carrying Christian across the soccer field, my left foot went down in a hole and I twisted my ankle pretty hard. I did not drop the baby, and did manage to hobble over to the bench to watch the soccer game. Today I have been taking it as easy as possible and trying to stay off of my foot which is a little bruised and still sore. All of this to explain why I have not managed to put anything on my blog for the last several days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOH, I cringed when I read about you twisting your ankle. I have done that so many times that I can remember exactly what that feels like. Glad you didn't drop the baby. Hope you recover quickly!

What were up to said...

Even though you guys are good at Boys our girls Heart Beats were always around the 150's also. So don't rule any thing out.