Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, December 3, 2016

The Softest Peanut Butter M & M Cookies Ever!



Peanut Butter and chocolate is my favorite combination.  I love to bake and am always looking for new recipes to try out.  I saw a recipe for these cookies and decided to make them for dessert one night.  They were so good I could've eaten the eaten batch!  These cookies are super soft and chewy and taste yummy!  These would make a great dessert for a Christmas party if you used the red and green M & M's.

Ingredients

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup butter softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 3/4 cup flour
2 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 bag of M & M's


Cream the sugars, peanut butter, and butter together.  Next add in the eggs, vanilla, and the salt.  Most recipes will tell you to mix the flour, baking soda, and cornstarch in a separate bowl and then add it in to your wet mixture, but honestly I use my Kitchenaid mixer and add the dry ingredients straight into the bowl and mix until combined.  Stir in 1 1/2 cups M & M's gently by hand.

Chill the dough for 1 hour.  Preheat oven to 350. Scoop the dough out and roll it into balls placing them 3 inches apart on your baking sheets.  I use my Pampered Chef stoneware because it gives me the best baking results.  Bake 10-12 minutes until the cookies are light golden brown.  Do not over bake or they will not be soft. Once the cookies are out of the oven you can press a few M & M's into the tops.  Cool and enjoy!

No comments: