Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tasty Tuesday:Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy Dessert

I had to make a meal for a friend who just had surgery and was trying to decide what kind of dessert to make when the new Kraft Food and Family magazine arrived in my mailbox. This magazine is full of great meal ideas. I doubled this recipe to make one for my family too and it was a big hit!

12 Oreo cookies crushed
2 TBSP butter melted
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 cups cold milk
2 pkg instant chocolate pudding
2 cups thawed cool whip divided
2 TBSP hot fudge ice cream topping
1/4 cup candy coated peanut butter pieces (I left these out)

Mix crushed cookies and butter press firmly in the bottom of an 8x8 pan

Place peanut butter in bowl and gradually and milk stirring with a wire whisk until well blended. Add dry pudding mixes and beat 2 min. Stir in 1 cup of whipped topping. Spread onto prepared crust and top evenly with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate 3 hours or until ready to serve. Microwave fudge topping as indicated on package and drizzle over top. Top with candy pieces.

Makes 12 servings

2 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

Oh my. The wheels are turning. DECADENT and something we must make- soon! Lori

mysteryhistorymom said...

We tried this last night and it was so good that I posted about it on MY blog, too! SO easy (too easy....)! Lori