Our Family

Our Family

Monday, June 23, 2008

Our Summer Schedule

We are on summer vacation! Chelsea finished all of her 5 Th grade work back in March and Nick finished all of his Kindergarten work the first week in April, so we moved on to the next grade. I do not like to take a full summer vacation because I think they forget too much of what they have learned (especially in Math.) We are at a good place to take a break, and because we have a lot going on between now and the end of July, we are finished with our "school" work until the first week of August. We do not do any formal school work for the next month, but we still may do some projects if it is rainy or over 100 degrees and we are stuck indoors. We go to the library at least once a week and we still read a lot. Right now we are enjoying the library's summer reading program and looking forward to our beach trip. I am looking through several catalogs to get some ideas for next year. I consider myself a bit eclectic when it comes to Homeschooling and I really like our Math, Science, Reading, and History we are doing right now. Next year I would like to add a foreign language, art, and classical music into our schedule.

No comments: