Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Books We Read in January

I'm trying to keep a log of books we have read.  So I thought a great way to keep track would be to blog about it.  I will not be able to include every single book we read, especially when it comes to picture books that I read to the girls.  I also will not able to record how many times I have read certain books aloud (can I admit that I can't wait for Amelia Bedelia to be due back at the library so I no longer have to read that one), but I am going to do my best to record most of our books books.  I do not read every book before my children read them and you may have different opinions about whether or not some things would be ok for your child to read.  I try to read about every books before Some of these we have just started and will carry over into February


Read Alouds for January:

The Matchlock Gun by Walter D Edmonds
Meriwether Lewis Off the Edge of the Map by Janet and Geoff  Benge

The Green Ember by S.D Smith
Ember Falls by S.D. Smith

Picture Books:

Owl Moon
Amelia Bedelia
Dr. Desoto
There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves by Lucille Colando
Horton Hears a Who Dr. Suess
Winter
Ballet Star
Pinkalicious
Joseph Had an Overcoat

Lily's Books

Circle C Beginnings by Susan K Marlow (this is a series that she has read before and is rereading)
The Stolen Sapphire A Samantha Mystery by Sarah Masters Buckey
Meet Josefina (American Girl) 
Josefina's Surprise (American Girl)


Christian's Books

Voyage of the Dawn Treader C.S. Lewis
The Silver Chair C.S. Lewis
 The Last Battle C.S. Lewis
 Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins
Charlotte's Web E.B. White (school assignment)

Anthony's Books

How to Train Your Dragon How to Cheat a Dragon's Curse by Cressida Cowell
Voyage of the Dawn Treader C.S. Lewis
The Silver Chair C.S. Lewis
The Last Battle C.S. Lewis
Charlotte's Web (school assignment)



Alex's Books

Brother Band Chronicles Books 1,2, and 3 by John Flanagan



Nick's Books

The Art of War by Sun Tzo (school assignment)

Mom's Books

Beneath a Prairie Moon by Kim Vogel Sawyer
My Heart Remembers by Kim Vogel Sawyer
In Every Heartbeat by Kim Vogel Sawyer
The Mercy Falls Collection (The Lightkeeper's Daughter, The Lightkeeper's Bride, The Lightkeeper's Ball) by Colleen Coble
The View from Rainshadow Bay by Colleen Coble

No comments: